Of course who will not?
Do you worry about your missing teeth and have lost hope that they can never be back to normal? We feel you.
Throw your worries away, as we have the best solution for your teeth. Middletown Dental Care helps you to gain your beautiful teeth back with dental implants. We deliver satisfactory and happy smiles all over again.
First, let us know in depth about your problem and the solutions we have for that. Read more to get a better understanding of dental implants and their processes.
You may encounter a situation where your teeth may lose due to accidents or other reasons. In such a case, you may even feel embarrassed to smile.
If you fail to take care of your missing teeth, you may encounter any of the problems mentioned below.
Consequences of missing teeth
- You may feel speech problems due to the gaps because of missing teeth.
- It causes difficulty in chewing, as your upper jaw and lower jaw may not align properly.
- Your face may look older because of missing teeth and wrinkled with sunken cheeks because of sagging muscles that no longer can support your lips and cheeks.
- You may experience pain in facial muscles or jaw due to improper bite caused by the absence of teeth.
- Food entrapment & plaque accumulation may result in the gap leading to decay & and gum disease.
- Your adjacent teeth may tilt into the space left by the missing tooth, thus creating an improper bite.
- Low self-esteem is one of the psychological consequences of missing teeth.
- You are conscious about appearance and reluctant to smile at public gatherings.
But, this may not be the case forever in your life. Dental Implants come to your rescue. Let's have a look at what a dental implant is.
A Dental Implant is made of titanium (like a tooth root) that is surgically placed into the jawbone beneath the gum line.
Middletown Dental Care’s dentist can fix a crown on top of that, thus providing the appearance of a natural tooth.
Implants look, feel, and function like natural teeth, thereby offering the most realistic, long-lasting solution for your smile.
Advantages of Implants
- Dental Implants are the next best thing to healthy, natural teeth since it restores the lost tooth.
- Implants are durable and the ultimate long-term solution.
- Dental Implants help to retain the shape of the face & a smile which otherwise could go wrong due to missing teeth
- Implants protect healthy bones.
- Implants give the perfect solution to the missing tooth, thereby boosting your self-esteem.
- Implants provide options to enjoy a wide variety of food.
Therefore, what are you waiting for to get a dental implant? Just start the action at once. However, you may have other worries regarding the treatment. Don't worry. We are here to clear all your doubts. Let's have a look at the treatment process.
How long does it take to get the treatment?
So, once you start the treatment, the duration of rehabilitation with dental implants varies from 4-7 months. It depends on many factors such as the quality of your underlying bone, gum condition and any other pathology in the area. In some cases with inadequate bone, the treatment time can go up to 1.5 years to achieve a predictable outcome.
In the end, you receive your healthy smile and confidence back. That is what is most needed right? So yeah, let's come to the risks involved in dental implants.
As we say risks, don't start to worry immediately. Like any surgery, dental implant surgery poses some minor health risks. Problems are rare, though, and if they occur, they are usually minor and easily treated. So, smile.
1. You may experience infection at the implant site.
2. You may get an injury to surrounding structures, such as other teeth or blood vessels.
3. You may also get nerve damage, which can cause pain, numbness or tingling in your natural teeth, gums, lips or chin.
4. Sinus problems may occur when dental implants placed in the upper jaw protrude into one of your sinus cavities.
These are some of the minor risks which you can overcome easily. So, now do you have any idea about how to prepare for the implant? We suggest some great ideas for preparing for an implant. Read further.
How do you prepare?
Before starting your dental implant procedure, you may need to consult a variety of specialists including,
- an oral and maxillofacial surgeon,
- a dentist specializing in treating structures that support the teeth, such as gums and bones (periodontist),
- a dentist who designs and fits artificial teeth (prosthodontist),
- occasionally an ear, nose and throat (ENT) specialist.
Because dental implants require one or more surgical procedures. You should thoroughly evaluate to prepare for the process. It includes,
- Comprehensive dental exam. You may have dental X-rays and 3D images and have models made of your teeth and jaw
- Review of your medical history. Tell your doctor about any medical conditions and any medications you take, including prescription and over-the-counter drugs and supplements. If you have certain heart conditions or orthopedic implants, your doctor may prescribe antibiotics before surgery to help prevent infection.
- Treatment plan. Depending on your situation, this plan takes into account factors such as how many teeth you need to be replaced and the condition of your jawbone and remaining teeth.
- To control pain, your dentist may provide you with anesthesia. The options for anesthesia during surgery include local anesthesia, sedation or general anesthesia. Talk to your dental specialist about which option is best for you. Your dental care team will instruct you about eating and drinking before surgery, depending on your type of anesthesia.
- If you are having sedation or general anesthesia, plan to have someone take you home after surgery, and expect to rest for the remaining day.
That's it. Congrats on completing the dental implant to bring back your beautiful smile. Let's see about the results of your process.
You need not worry about the results as most dental implants are successful. However, sometimes if your bone fails to fuse sufficiently to the metal implant, it may contribute to implant failure and complications.
The main reason for this situation is smoking.
In such a case, the dentist will remove your implant and clean the bone. You can try the procedure again in about three months.
You must practice excellent oral hygiene for the health of the remaining natural teeth. Just as your natural teeth, keep implants, artificial teeth and gum tissue clean. You can get specially designed brushes available, such as an interdental brush that slides between teeth and can help clean the nooks and crannies around teeth, gums and metal posts.
See your dentist regularly. Schedule dental checkups to ensure the health and proper functioning of your implants.
Avoid damaging habits. Don't chew hard items, such as ice and hard candy, which can break your crowns, or your natural teeth. Avoid tooth-staining tobacco and caffeine products. Get treatment if you grind your teeth.
Thus, dental implants help you save your beautiful smile again. Dental Implants last a long time, so you need not worry about them.
We at Middletown Dental Care, provide you with excellent services for dental implants. Our main goal is to have confidence and smiling customers. Feel free to contact us for any queries regarding dental implants. We are always here to help you.